Lab 0 - Init
In this Lab we will:
- Setup the development environment
- Use AWS SAM CLI
- Deploy a simple
- Find logs and metrics for the function
You completed this lab if you:
- Successfully deployed the
- Executed it once via the HTTP Endpoint (e.g using
- Extended the function to generate some log output and found it in Cloudwatch Logs
- Took a look at the Dashboards for you function
In order to setup the development environment in your AWS Account you have to log into the AWS Console via your
web browser. Use the user and credentials you created earlier.
Now we have to do the following steps to setup our development environment:
Create Cloud9 Environment
- Open the Cloud9 web interface
- Create a new environment
- Give it a name
- Leave all other settings untouched
- Open the terminal window and type:
git clone --single-branch --branch lab0 https://github.com/superluminar-io/serverless-workshop-go.git
aws sts get-caller-identity
Create a samconfig.toml
sam deploy --guided
- Stack name: …
- Region: eu-central-1
- Confirm changes before deploy: Y
- Allow SAM CLI IAM role creation: Y
- Save arguments to samconfig.toml: Y
If you check out the Cloudformation console you will notice 2 stacks.
Try to figure out:
- Why are there two stacks?
- Which resources do the different stacks contain?
- What outputs do they have?